This Use Agreement represents the entirety of the agreement between the User, the Service Provider of highwaybus.com (the Website), and bus ticket companies with respect to the use of the Website.
The “Service” refers to highwaybus.com, which the Service Provider owns and operates for the purpose of providing an online highway bus reservation service and other related services.
The “User” refers to an individual who makes a reservation via the Website after accepting this Use Agreement.
All dates and times on the Website are according to Japan Standard Time (JST).
Scope of Use Agreement
This Use Agreement applies to the User’s use of the Service. By clicking on the “Agree” button, the User is acknowledging that he/she accepted this Use Agreement and agrees to be bound by its provisions.
Business systems related to the handling of highway bus tickets purchased or reserved via the Website and other operational matters shall be governed by the terms and conditions stipulated by the relevant bus operating company. Therefore, any issues related to fare collection or other such matters shall be dealt with between the User and the company that collected the fare from the User.
Scope of Service
1. The User may use the services listed below; however, the User may be required to enter their credit card information when using the services under items iii, iv, and v:
(i) view and reserve vacant seats;
(ii) confirm the details of the reservation;
(iii) purchase bus tickets by credit card;
(iv) display “WEB tickets” or “mobile phone tickets”; and
(v) obtain a refund of the amount paid under item iii.
2. The highway bus reservation service, which is provided as part of the Service, covers routes, bus services, and seats for which the relevant bus operating company has granted permission.
3. The User may use the Service via a mobile device; however, it may not be possible to use the Service on certain mobile devices.
4. The Service Provider may add services to or remove services from the items listed in paragraph 1 upon issuing notice as stipulated in Article 4.
5. The Service is provided free of charge. The User will not be charged any commission for using the Service; however, the User is responsible for any communication charges arising from the use of the Service.
6. The Service is available to use 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; however, the operating hours may be changed when it is judged necessary to temporarily cease or suspend the operation of the Website for maintenance or another reason. In addition, the operating hours may be changed when the provision of the Service becomes impossible due to unavoidable circumstances. The Service Provider shall assume no responsibility for any disadvantage or damage incurred by the User as a result of the temporary cessation or suspension of the Service.
Notice to Users
Notices to users concerning the operation of the Website (changes to the Agreement, the addition of services, alteration to services, removal of services, etc.) shall be issued on the Website. The User shall be deemed to have been fully notified the moment said notice is displayed.
1. When using the Service, the User shall refrain from engaging in the following acts:
(i) any act that damages or is likely to damage the Service Provider or a bus operating company;
(ii) using via the Website or in connection with the Service, or transmitting to the Website any harmful program such as a virus or corrupt file;
(iii) any act that constitutes or is likely to constitute inconvenience or disadvantage to a third party, an outrage of public decency or order, or a violation of any law or ordinance;
(iv) making a double-booking or any other improper reservation on the reservation service provided via the Website; and
(v) any other act that the Service Provider deems inappropriate.
2. The User shall refrain from engaging in the following acts with respect to the company that issued the credit card that the User registered as the method of payment:
(i) using a false name when entering credit card details;
(ii) using another person’s card improperly or violating the rules prescribed by the relevant card company; and
(iii) any other act that the relevant card company or financial institution deems inappropriate.
Suspension/Revocation of User Status
1.If any of the following items apply, the Service Provider may immediately and without prior notice suspend or prospectively revoke the User’s status as User of the Service; however, if the User used the Service prior to the revocation of the usage application and an agreement for the use of services or purchase of goods (hereinafter, “Purchase Agreement”) as stipulated under Article 3 took effect, the User shall be liable toward the Service Provider with respect to the said Purchase Agreement:
(i) it comes to light that the User entered false information in his/her usage application;
(ii) the User engaged in an act that constitutes a prohibited act under Article 5;
(iii) the User violated the provisions of this Use Agreement;
(iv) it has become impossible to contact the User due to a change in the User’s email address or other reasons;
(v) the User disrupted the operation of the Website; and
(vi) the Service Provider otherwise deems that the User’s behavior is unbecoming of a User.
2. The Service Provider assumes no responsibility for any damage the User may incur from no longer being able to use the Service as a result of the Service Provider taking the measures stipulated in the preceding paragraph.
1. A reservation will come into effect when the User purchases the bus ticket.
2. The Service Provider will not be responsible for guaranteeing against cases where the User is unable to board the bus by reason of not having purchased the bus ticket.
Ticket Payment/Issuance and Refunding on the Website
1. Regarding ticket payment/issuance via the Website, a transaction concerning the purchase and issuance of a ticket shall be deemed to have taken effect when a bus ticket issuance mail is transmitted to the User or when the issuance of the ticket is confirmed on the Website’s confirmation screen.
2. Refunds for tickets issued via the Website shall be handled through the procedure designated on the Website; however, there shall be a cutoff date after which no refund shall be granted.
3. The commission fee pertaining to the refund shall be in accordance with the transportation agreement of the operating company.
The User’s Responsibilities
1. The User shall prepare a suitable environment (device, software, etc.) for using the Service at his/her own risk and cost.
2. The Service Provider assumes no responsibility for any defects in the Service or effects created by such defects (including disruption in the User’s provider/ communication line or defects in the User’s device, etc.) that are attributable to the User’s facilities.
3. The User shall observe the provisions of this Use Agreement, and generally accepted etiquette, ethics, and technical rules related to the use of the Internet. In the case that the Service Provider incurs damage as a result of the User violating the provisions of this Use Agreement or engaging in any improper or illegal act, the Service Provider may suspend the User’s use of the Service or pursue damages.
4. The User acknowledges and agrees in advance that if the Website, a bus operating company, or a third party incurs damage as a result of the User violating the provisions of this Use Agreement, a Purchase Agreement, or any law or ordinance, the User shall be responsible for compensating said damage, and the Service Provider, bus operating company, and third party shall be exempted from such responsibility.
5. In the case that the Service Provider, a bus operating company, or a third party incurs damage as a result of the User engaging in any act stipulated in Article 5, the User shall continue to bear all legal responsibilities even after forfeiting his/her user status.
The Service Provider’s Responsibilities
1. While the Service Provider will make all efforts to settle any ambiguities or disputes arising in connection with the Service or related services through good faith negotiation between the parties, it assumes no responsibility and makes no guarantees concerning such.
2. The Service Provider shall assume no responsibility concerning whether reservation details the User sends will properly reach the Website or whether the reservation details received on the Website match the details that the User sent.
3. The User acknowledges that cipher processing necessary for the use of the Service may not be absolutely safe.
4. The Service Provider shall assume no responsibility for any damage incurred by the User as a result of using the Service.
5. The Service Provider shall assume no responsibility for any disadvantage or damage incurred by the User or a third party as a result of the Service becoming subject to a delay, alteration, temporary cessation, suspension, termination, access restriction, discontinuance, or similar event.
Alterations to the Service
1. When deemed necessary concerning the operation of the Service, the Service Provider may, at its discretion, restrict access to the Service.
2. In one or more of the following cases, the Service Provider may temporarily cease or suspend the operation of the Service without providing prior notice to the User:
(i) there is routine or emergency maintenance of the system connected to the Service;
(ii) the normal provision of the Service has become impossible due to an emergency situation such as war, rioting, public unrest, a labor dispute, an earthquake, a volcanic eruption, flooding, a tsunami, a fire, or a power blackout; and
(iii) it is otherwise deemed that, due to operational or technical circumstances, the company must temporarily cease or suspend its services or that the Website’s provision of such services is unviable.
3. The Service Provider may transfer the operation of the Service to its affiliated company without requiring the prior consent of the User.
4. When the Service is subject to alteration, suspension, or temporary cessation, the Service Provider shall provide the User notice to this effect; however, this provision shall not apply in emergency situations.
Ownership of Rights
The Service Provider owns the rights to all programs, software, services, procedures, trademarks and trade names, and services provided under the Service, as well as the general technology associated with such, and the User shall refrain from engaging in any act that infringes on said rights.
The Service Provider’s Secretariat
The Service Provider’s secretariat shall be established in Keio Dentetsu Bus Co., Ltd.
Protection of Personal Information
Personal information handled by the Service Provider shall be governed by the separately stipulated “Personal Information Protection Policy.”
The User may contact the following address for any questions, complaints, or opinions regarding the Service, or any inquiry about the handling of personal information. However, the following contact address shall only be for inquiries related to the Service; inquiries about highway bus operations and services, complaints about bus operating companies, and similar inquiries shall not be accepted. User inquiries about highway bus operations and services shall be directed toward the bus operating company(ies) pertaining to the relevant route(s). The Service Provider shall be under no obligation to respond to inquiries that are not related to the Service.
Effective as of March 22nd., 2017
Executive Secretariat, highwaybus.com, Keio Dentetsu Bus Co., Ltd.
*It may take time to respond to the inquiry.